Bullroarer Project at Bushmoot 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Something I was meant to remember before the Moot, perhaps too late now, but I was going to ask people what they thought to this idea;

How about at the Bushmoot we all have a go at making our own Bullroar's and then at a specific date and time (that's acceptable) we all try and communicate with them from our own camps, I just think it would be amazing to hear this weird and wonderful sound work its way up through the forest. People could make them prior and bring them along. Or if there is someone who feels experienced at making them they could even organised a short informal workshop helping people out.

This is just an idea, im not running any part of the moot and I don't want to cause any trouble if this sort of thing isn't acceptable, its obviously a potential risk if 100 people start spinning pieces of wood very fast around on a string at the same time, so obviously this should be done in your own space, without people in your close proximity. I've never used a bullroarer or heard one in person, but would love to give it a go. What do people think to this idea? Mods? Tony?

bullroarer.jpg
bullroarer.jpg

Originally inspired by this thread: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23393

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE