British Army camp bed problem.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Does anyone have any idea on how to 'relax' the material on one of these so that when I set it up both end bars lock into place?

I've tried wetting the material which works,until it dries,then I have the same problem!

Cheers,
Andy

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Which camp bed is it?
i1614-Ex-Army-Camp-Bed-Militaria.JPG
or
CampBed2.jpg

If its the bottom, it is just leverage.
I put one end on first, then move to the other end.
Insert the bar and put it on one side.
Then I lie down next to the other side and push the bar with my foot whilst hold the bed. It's a struggle but it will go.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Once one end is on, I often stand the bed on the end that is difficult.

You can step on the spreader bar and use the (now) upright side piece to wrestle the thing into position.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
I've had a lot of experience with these in Iraq amongst other places and everyone's been a struggle to get into the holes. Often the lads just resorted to tucking the bar underneath rather than messing about getting it correctly. It's secure enough, stays tight, much less hassle and easier to take down. I only ever managed to get one setup properly.

Brute force and ignorance (Leverage). Often we have used the support post from someone else's camcot, a branch of similar strength etc would suffice.

If it's fairly knew it will be like it for some time. The few I have are well used so now it takes minimal force to pop the post in.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I always tip it on it's side and use my feet to to help lever it in. But I never try to to get the rubbers together

Or acquire the new MK3 cover that can be tightened after it is assembled!

new bed cover.JPG

Perhaps the old version could be modded with some webbing, buckles and sewing.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Brute force and ignorance (Leverage). Often we have used the support post from someone else's camcot, a branch of similar strength etc would suffice.

I pack a suitable length of batton for doing it that way but even then it can be a struggle

Or acquire the new MK3 cover that can be tightened after it is assembled!
View attachment 24819

Perhaps the old version could be modded with some webbing, buckles and sewing.

Now that's an idea... the camp beds come apart easily enough and sewing on the buckles and webbing should be just as easy

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I've had a lot of experience with these in Iraq amongst other places and everyone's been a struggle to get into the holes. Often the lads just resorted to tucking the bar underneath rather than messing about getting it correctly. It's secure enough, stays tight, much less hassle and easier to take down. I only ever managed to get one setup properly.

Ahh memories................

Camp C COB 002.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE