braces buttons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
yet again I'm in between trousesr sizes - the answer where my braces.

However, I'm going to have to sew some buttons on. The question is on the inside or the outside. Any preferences?

I have trousers some on the inside some on the outside - not sure which is best.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I wear braces with just about every pair of trousers I own, (belts give me massive indigestion). I normally go for the wide elastic - metal clip type which can be bought for under a tenner in the tool shops around our way.
If your set on using buttons, I'd stitch them on the inside of the waistband so that they don't get caught on anything and get torn off, leaving you with one side up and one side down :(

ATB

Ogri the trog

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Buttons on the inside can chafe a bit but do not snag on things. A belt can be used as a knife strop. For extra security go belt AND braces...

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Hey ho, Ed.

Yup, I am a braces fan too and wear em nearly all the time.
Snake hipped, means that belts are always sliding down.

I got fed up with resewing dropped off buttons and I found the clip thingys to be very short lived.

I came up with a better idea.
Just sew in an extra belt loop to double up those adjacent to the ones you could hang yer gallus's from, then get a card of mini carabiners.
Remove all hook-up appendages from the working ends of the gallus's and slip in a carabiner, direct around the elastic.......slip the carabiner through the doubled up loops.

Craghoppers come with doubled up belt loops, so no need for stitching and they hold fine.

All this, however, will shorten the overall length of the contraption, so you may have to affix an extender cord to the aft carabiner.

Yup, I wear a belt too, for hanging things and for just in case.
Mebbe wouldnt suit the fashion freaks, but I can get away with it.

Ceeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE