Bookshop booty

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Went Xmas shopping with my nipper yesterday and we got sidetracked by charity shop book browsing like we always do when we go to town.

I rarely see anything even vaguely bushcrafty, so was delighted to come home with;

Trapping - A Practical Guide - James A Bateman
The Poacher's Cookbook - Prue Coats
The Ultimate Outdoorsman's Workshop Handbbook

The last one was from the Poundshop so I picked up a couple of spares to Ebay next year.

Not seen any of them before, so looking forward to reading them.

The munchkin got some good kids book too.

We didn't get the Xmas shopping all done tho'

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I got a poachers tales book by John Humphreys, absolutely fantastic read! Bagged that from Oxfam a while back :). Nice finds mate :).

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
It was a Poundland one Toddy. You are welcome to one of mine as a gift, if you'll pay the postage, but I 'spect that'll be silly now the PO have gone tonto with their charges.

I had a Poachers Tales type book that I Ebayed earlier in the year Cameron. It was quite good, but I have too many books and I have to be ruthless. Books get Ebayed (if they are any good) or otherwise sent to the charity shop or donated to the school fete. I can't recall the author, but he was based in Scotland and it was 1st hand stuff, rather than tales of yore, which I think are mostly BS. Anyway what was funny was that when the guy who bought it eventually gave me feedback on Ebay he didn't say "Item as described Good Ebayer" as people usually do, he said "Yes, a very interesting book which I enjoyed reading". Very odd - still makes me laugh.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
We are completely spoilt for books here as we have a free book shop, you can pick from 1000s of books and you can have 3 for free or more with a small donation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE