Bluebells and Buzzards

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Whitecross WL

Was out and about on my MTB today, slight groin strain so not a Mountain route but a wee local hr ride. At one point I saw two buzzards circling/calling together and another pair ~200m away doing the same, they must not be very terratorial ?

Lovely bluebell lined singletrack.

100_1336.jpg

100_1344.jpg

100_1351.jpg

New digging by the badger sett.

100_1357.jpg

100_1355.jpg

A rather large fungi, ID please ? Looked shaped like a horses hoof but diffierent colours, although it was on a dead birch.

100_1353-1.jpg

I used to see 4 buzzards soaring in circles on the odd occasion when I lived in Wiltshire - I sometimes wondered if it was maybe a family, but they were always too high to see if it was 2 adults and 2 juveniles.

Nice bluebells - I've been looking out for a wood with a nice carpet of them, but no luck yet :(

Can't help you with the fungus, but I'll be interested to see what others can suggest as I found something very similar looking to this up in Scotland a few months back.

B

bushyboo

Nice photos i'd go with birch polypore too
I take it you were out before the thunder storm

Gordon

It was a cracking storm, I went out and sat in the back field with my poncho to watch the lightning with an unobstructed view. I didn't take the camera, tho wish I had now.
Nice pic's , I especially like this one. Very etheral, as the bluebells look like a mist over the forest floor :) .
100_1344.jpg

Tree

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE