Ben Lawers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Went for plod up Ben Lawers on saturday. Saw a kestrel swoop on a wee vole/mouse at the motorway roundabout, no photo. Lots of folk out without winter kit (axe and crampons) inc. some crawling to the summit. :rolleyes:

Lots of unconsolidated snow so we followed the ridge line rather than do a gully.

Nice fire and Carrot and Sweet potato soup in the Pub on the bridge in Killin afterwards.;)

Nick

100_0765.jpg

100_0786.jpg

100_0812.jpg

100_0802.jpg

100_0804.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice bit of the world up there, isn't it? :D
The highest archaeological dig in the UK was on Ben Lawers, and since it was a SSSI the poor sods had to climb, with equipment, 2000 feet to work every morning :eek: :lmao:
I said, I'd rather not :D

cheers,
Toddy

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
It's worth the drive at this time of year. The wee walk up form the carpark has an amazing amount of vole/mouse holes. Small sesame seed sized sctas at the entrance to some holes. No frog spawn though. I saw loads of that two weeks ago at 1000ft in argyll.

Nick

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi SCR, i'm just back from Killin myself,we were doing a sale in the Mclaren hall for the weekend,you did,nt perhaps pop in did you? Great photos,yeah its a nice part of the word is Killin.

Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE