Beinn Fhionnlaidh

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Glen Creran Munro - Appin, North of Oban South of Ballachulish

Yesterday, I did this in the clear, windy weather, of the morning, blizzards later, after the summit. Lots of deer below me, mainly bachelor groups. The photos are looking south to Loch creran and Lismore and looking north west to Bidean Nam Bian. Great Karrimor rucksac from 1989, still going strong.

Just past halfway in the quest to do all 284 munros.

Although a long drive, 122miles, it is beautiful and scenic.:cool:

100_0582-1.jpg

100_0578.jpg

100_0577.jpg

Trig point - tricky navigation after this and I used bearings, pacing and GPS, very very
windy, indeed enough for goggles (forgot mine) and the wind hampered breathing.
The 1;25k OS map essential to weave down thru the crags and craglets.

100_0576.jpg

Could not resist a fishy supper in Oban on the way home. Either could this chap.

100_0589.jpg

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Awesome, very envious.

Just got back from a week skiing in Italy and missing the mountains already, probably going to be easter before I can get back to the hills.

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Not the saddle no. Basically done everything south of a line drawn from Ben Cruachan to Creag Meagdieh (spelling) , although done half the 'Gorms and waiting for the conditons to paddle into Ben Alder group. Will be doing further a field ones at Easter and summer, leaving short walk ins for winter. Beasted thru a hundred and fifty in one year, not inc. 7 weeks summer hols. But now driving more than 3hrs has slowed my motivation.:eek:

Nick

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Awesome, very envious.

Just got back from a week skiing in Italy and missing the mountains already, probably going to be easter before I can get back to the hills.

First photo is a bit 'Lord of the Rings' ?

I'm off to Italy, Prato Nevoso, for the Summit finish stage of the TDF this july.

The food quality is astounding in Italy.

Nick

J

ja2495

Great Karrimor rucksac from 1989, still going strong.

Is that an old karrimor alpinist you have there?

My Alpinist 65 is still going strong even after a bit of contact with a fire in a bothy.

I was up the top end of Loch Etive yesterday and it was great to be out in the hills with a bit of snow on the ground.

Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE