Beautiful Dawn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't need a lot of sleep and frequently find myself awake and up before the rest of the world; dawn is a familiar sight. Even so this morning was stunningly beautiful. A huge great Harvest Moon hanging in the stillness and then that slow sweetening of light from behind the trees; pale warm gold flushing through the crisp cool of a clear blue sky. Me and the moggie sat on the back step and enjoyed it all :) Heard the sleepy chirps of a robin hoping I'd throw him breakfast and the rustles in the ivy wrapped around the sycamore where the squirrels were wakening up too.

Made scones for breakfast (gave the robin a bit too :rolleyes: ) & ate one with the new blackcurrant jam.

I went for a walk down the lane beside the burn and found some ******** had dumped bags of household litter and it's scattered everywhere. There's no excuse for this, our council operates a fearsomely efficient, and free, uplift service. If I'd got my hands on the numpty I'd have wrung his/her neck. From happy calm to furiously angry in a split second :( What does it take to change the way some filthy, lazy, selfish people behave? Other countries don't have this problem, why do we?

Going to gather some of the last of the meadowsweet flourish and some mugwort.
Hope your day is as good as mine began.
Cheers,
Toddy

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Sounds like the chavs/socially inept plebs are up your way too!

Other than that sounds like a rather nice morning you had. The skies are certainly nice and clear here this morning. Fingers crossed that the weather holds through the week.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
I was up early this morning and it was indeed beautiful. You could feel a chill in the air, I think the weather is on the turn up here. :D

The moon was spectacular last night would be great for a walk in the woods. :D

As for the people who dump there rubbish in the street you get them everywhere unfortunately. :(

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Toddy said:
Other countries don't have this problem, why do we?
We have it aswell :rolleyes: I've also seen it in France, Germany, Tsjech Republic, Luxemburg, UK (...), Spain, and some other countries.

Surprisingly in Austria you will not find any litter / garbage dumps at all :eek: One off the cleanest countries in the world (IMHO), followed by Switzerland. Free tip: book yourself and the family onto a holiday to Austria next summer :D :p ;) Or ... visit Vienna in winter (Christmas time) - you'll have a great time!

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i was on swing shift all last week so i was finishing work at 0730. this means i got to watch the sun come up over the eden estuary every day. i saw a deer feeding at the same point three mornings in a row. great time of day.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
There is one answer.

Put on your Marigolds and sort through the rubbish.You might find a clue as to name and address of said *********.Report the dumping to the police and insist that they act.

Or,bag it up and give it back :D

Edit: Inform local media first of your intentions. :)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Toddy said:
Other countries don't have this problem, why do we?

Unfortunately they do. Every country I've been to has these kinds of problems, even ultra clean Japan. In the developed world I reckon we are amongst the worst though. I can rarely go for a walk in the woods without seeing a burnt out car or dumped rubbish.

I've tried getting people nicked for dumping trash but was only successful once. Most fly tippers make sure there's nothing to trace the rubbish back to them.

We had some builders dump paint, glue, nails, etc close to were all the kids play. Kids, being kids, got into the rubbish and scattered it around. My kids got glue and paint on themselves and we had to chuck out their clothes. The council didn't do anything about it, despite repeated phone calls, and I had to go out and clean it all up. The neighbours didn't seem to fussed about it either so I was on my own. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE