BCT Task Force ridge tent.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ed_is_dead

Feb 4, 2014
Ireland
Hi,
Anyone using one? How do you rate it? Better than a similar condition vango force ten hopefully?
Hard to find pics other than on the home website. Trying to make my mind up before buying.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I bought a Task Force 4 with extension when they first brought out the extension, in 2006 IIRC. It was to be my 'tent-for-all-seasons' for the forseeable future. I was well pleased with it. Unfortunately, Mrs B. didn't share my enthusiasm.
These things happen. :?

The canopy was substantially heavier than an equivalent sized F10; made with heavier canvas in either forest green or a stone colour The workmanship was very good and up to BCT's usual high standards. I had them make me a flysheet previously, which is haw I came to be aware of the Task Force series.
I would say the inner not as good quality as the F10 item but there was not a lot in it.
The standard poling is steel and the whole setup is a good bit heavier than a F10 of similar size.

A couple of years ago I modified my Task Force 4 canopy to make a hot tent for a member here. I'll post the link when I've dug it out.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127121&highlight=hot+tent

Last edited:

ed_is_dead

Feb 4, 2014
Ireland
Thanks a mill for all the info on them Ian, appreciate it. Seem t be a great tent indeed and will keep an eye out for one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE