Back in the UK following 6 years in Sweden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi,

I'm so glad I came across this forum :) I'm a 40 year old English guy who grew up in London. I learnt to love the outdoors and camping and walking and various such things in my early twenties. I went on a few courses with the Woodlore school run by Ray Mears in the mid 1990's and subsequently learnt an even greater love and understanding of the outdoors!

In 2006 I decided I'd had enough of UK life and upped camp to Sweden. I stayed there for 6 years, absolutely relishing the sheer volume of opportunities for outdoor activities and especially loving the Swedish right to roam and right to camp laws, and the sheer volume of huge wildernesses that there are throughout the country.

In 2012 I needed to move back to the UK due to a critical family illness and now I'm stuck between the 2 countries trying to decide which to settle in long term. I love the countryside of both countries so much in such different ways!

Since I'm in the UK for the moment and now that I also have children, I'm on the look out for cool outdoor activities I can partake in. I love camping in the garden and having camp fires with my young children and I'm looking forward to teaching them more bushcraft skills!

This month I've been working on securing my chicken coop better as a fox got into the coop and killed all 4 chickens a couple of weeks ago. When I've downtime from my job I can often been found walking on the South Downs as I love it there. I was lucky enough to be up there a few weeks ago in the snowy storms which is the type of crazy outdoor weather that I love!

Beyond that I pay my rent through working in IT and I occasionally blog about my time in Stockholm through my website UndiscoveredStockholm.com where I particularly love to write about outdoor activities in Sweden.

I'll be looking to gets tips from the UK users here about good kayaking and wild camping opportunities and I'll be happy to offer insider Swedish outdoor tips in return :)

Graham

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Hello and welcome to BCUK, particularly pleasant 'dilemma' to have, i don't think that it will be long before you are back in Sweden, no contest from what you have said, and i

know where i would rather be, given the same choice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE