Back from the Lake District and Scafell Pike

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
I went up to the Lake District earlier this week and walked up Scafell Pike. Some pics……

The view over Wastwater, on the way to Scafell Pike

abc336.jpg

View of Wastwater on the way up

abc338.jpg

We scrambled up a pretty damn steep face on the way up, its in the middle of this picture

abc376.jpg

And got this view when we got up it

abc352.jpg

Then when we got to the top we had these views, they were literally breathtaking

abc356.jpg

abc362.jpg

abc363.jpg

Three jets flew over us while we were up there, they were pretty low and very quick, you can just catch one in this photo

abc359.jpg

As were getting to the car we had this sunset to end the walk

abc378.jpg

abc380.jpg

Thoroughly recommend it, was excellent. The walk down was bloody hard on the legs though, didn’t realise the slog on the way up! Next time I’ll have walking poles

We stayed at Fisherground campsite, it was OK, nice to have open fires but to be honest I didn’t think it was worthy of the accolade it has received. It was dry for the trip which was a bonus, but it was cold. This is a picture of the Wednesday morning, there’s frost on the car! And a slight morning frost on the grass in places

abc389.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Very nice....You were lucky with the weather there. I have not climbed the English mountains before, is the scrambling good or mainly two steps forward one slide back, scree...?

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
looks like you had a cracking day up there. Last time we climbed the pike the mizzle desecnded on us, the only view we had was of our boots:lmao:

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Its mainly path to the top. We took a slightly more difficult route up to the top, it was shorter but more challenging. There was a bit of scree and then a scramble/sort of climb for a bit. Very short though.

Its quite an easy walk in nice conditions, more of a slog than anything else. In bad weather I imagine its much more challenging. Definitely worth it though!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Me and a few mates used to go scree running down the screes at Wastwater, on the right of the lake in your first picture.

That and we once did the screes down the side of Great Gable which was a bit of an experience:eek:

Good pictures there, it must have been a really nice day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE