baby carriers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
anybody know or have experience with good makes of these ? i`m after one that will hold a days worth of kit and nappies etc , have a rain cover and be comfortable for both so me and my 5 month old 2 i/c can go exploring and bring home tales of heroic deeds to mum , cheers al :-D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've got one from VauDe and it's excellent, mine is about 5 years old, well worth the money at £150, although I expect that you can get cheaper now. Macpac are also very good, again worth the money. This is one area that you don't want to skimp.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
Hi Al

I'm a big fan of Macpacs. We've been through 2 of them now (there was a big gap between 2 of our kids and we gave the first one away!)

The first Macpac we had would be 11 years old now and has been passed down 3 or 4 times - last I heard it was off on safari in africa with some friends of friends who have inherited it now!

The second one we had has just been passed down to some friends - they use it daily rather than a pushchair and reckon it's great.

I'd agree totally with Tony, they might sound expensive but you don't want to skimp I doubt you'll ever carry a more precious load on your back.

George

PS My wife used to be known locally as "the backpack lady".

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Tip - don't lat anyone buy one for you ... try it out first!

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
cheers lads, i figured i`d treat it the same as i would a bergen and spend some money so skimping isnt an issue on that front as my bergen is living proof that if you spend it will last a long long time,not that i intend to throw my son on and off helicopters and c130`s though ,those days are over now :-D ,george i love the fact that your first one is still going strong and travelling :-D , i`m beggining to think that these things reach the same "old friend" status as a bergen then ? and adi dont worry i`ll definately try before i buy so i dont find out the hard way , i wonder ifthe shop manager will let me " nip off to the top of that hill" with it before i hand over some dough ,once again cheers for the replies any more ?. al :-D

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
I've used a Vaude in the past (up to about 10 000ft in the alps on occasions) and found it good, and is currently in use by my sister, 8 years almost constant duty between us and sis and still going strong. We have got a fairly old Macpac (similar age to the Vaude at a guess, bought for £15 secondhand) now and that one fits us better, both of us are happy with it set the same whereas the vaude took some major adjustment (technically major due to the design to give a small but fixed change in back length, not a field task) to go from me to Sarah. Try them out as you would a pack, and don't forget the load gets heavier every time you use it :wink:
Cheers
David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE