Article: A selection of teas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
Pine and spruce is good, hemlock i find is better (not to be confused with hemlock plant) and I've found that larch is quite poor.
Hemlock has been known to be confused with yew which is poisonous, a couple of differences

Hemlocks leaves are irregular lengths where as yew have regular lengths, hemlock has cones and yew has red berries and hemlock grows usually straight whereas yew is quite gnarly.

Also I've heard of gorse being used as a tea to but haven't tried it myself.

Thanks for the article,
Ste

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I understand there are contraindications for raspberry and similar leaves during early and mid pregnancy- however late 3rd trimester its great for toning and conditioning the cervix in preparation. I used it on myself for my second child but of course, read up on it 1st and check any personal contraindications :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This is disputed, and custom and experience claims that the raspberry, strawberry and blackcurrant leaves are among the safest of teas to drink.

cheers,
Toddy

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
If you can find it, lemon balm is really good too, especially with a bit of honey. I have found lemon balm all over the place as it's quite invasive and fast growing. I even found it in our local park in Bicester, along with a fig tree!

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I'll try some of these when I am next out and can find what I need. I grow lemon balm in the garden and can say it makes a great tea

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I think that this may be essential kit for all the Bushcraft Tea Drinkers...

Tcupbrown.jpg
images.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hehe, I wondered if someone would ask, no connection with the seller, I found them while researching something else. From a company called Jacklynhyde HERE enjoy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE