Anyone got an aiguille alpine sack, any custom ones?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Decade plus ago I got a custom rucksack from Aiguille Alpine. Didn't like it on first trip but I sorted it out and it became comfortable. Has anyone else bought a custom sack from them. What did you get customised? How did you find them and the resulting sack?

I got 6" longer back length and the design was a mix between two standard sack models with a lightweight fabric in low wear areas. All in black.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Yes, we got them to make a bespoke pack for RAF MRT personnel. I think we got about 30 made in the end. We basically copied the old POD Black Ice pack when that Peter O’Donavon stopped trading. Not many companies make a decent 50 ltr pack with a floating lid (for rescue loads). I still use mine after about 10 years hard service and it has outlived some of the other team members newer packs from other manufacturers. I’m a bit old school and prefer a simple top loader (too many zips and buckles just adds extra weight) so my AA has been perfect.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE