Anyone going to the Moot from ye olde continental Europe?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maethor

Jun 10, 2011
Berlin, Germany
Hello fellow Bushcrafters,

I'm thinking about going to the Moot, my parents are going to Costa Rica with my sister and will pay for my vacation if I do something like that, which is a mighty nice gesture from them. That means I'll be able to afford the ticket!

The problem is that I live in Berlin, Germany, and I won't be able to afford a flight (250€ one way) or a train (I'd have to check with a travel agency, but I think the prices will be similar). Is anybody going from Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands or even France AND has an empty seat in their car? Does anyone have another idea how I could get there?

I'm very sorry if this is not the right area for questions like this, and if this question is absolutely unwanted, please move or delete the thread accordingly.

I'd love to go, can anybody help me out?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Martin

maethor

Jun 10, 2011
Berlin, Germany
I guess I could, but hitch-hiking over the channel sounds like something that really sucks. I'd hate to get stuck somewhere for a day or so. Plus I have made some very bad experiences with hitchhiking in Germany and France. The UK is great though, we never waited more than 30 minutes, probably because we wore our scout uniforms :D

If there was someone who would offer me a seat from Calais to the Moot and back (I'd pay my share of gas, of course), I think I'd get by some way or another.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I guess I could, but hitch-hiking over the channel sounds like something that really sucks. I'd hate to get stuck somewhere for a day or so. Plus I have made some very bad experiences with hitchhiking in Germany and France. The UK is great though, we never waited more than 30 minutes, probably because we wore our scout uniforms :D

If there was someone who would offer me a seat from Calais to the Moot and back (I'd pay my share of gas, of course), I think I'd get by some way or another.

Have you thought about Coach travel - it's not as quick or convenient but certainly a lot cheaper in the uk.

maethor

Jun 10, 2011
Berlin, Germany
I could go from Berlin to London in 19 Hours for 88€, one way. That would be ~180€, plus transportation in the UK. Whew, if I actually manage to go, it'll get expensive methinks.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Maethor - how old are you? Generally Tony does like to have all under 18s accompanied by an adult.

maethor

Jun 10, 2011
Berlin, Germany
:lmao: I am 20. Is that alright? Will I have to hand my sharps in before going to bed?

:D

I think I'll go next year, planning something like that on such short notice sucks.

maethor

Jun 10, 2011
Berlin, Germany
If I go, I'll take a Becker BK-2, a Mora or two, an SAK and a Fiskars X-10. I'd probably get ridiculed instead :D

I'll talk to my parents tonight, and then I'll see.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
:lmao: I am 20. Is that alright? Will I have to hand my sharps in before going to bed?

:D

I think I'll go next year, planning something like that on such short notice sucks.

Absolutely, most sharps injuries occur in the sleeping bag. If you ask nicely mad dave will swap them for his chainsaw for the evening.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Try Ryanair, A friend of mone travels between here and Berlin regularly and says last time it was only £25.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE