another knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
warncliff style camp knife with brass pins and light oak scales

Blade is of a warncliff type design made from 01 tool steel heat treated to Rc 58/59, it's 110mm long, 25mm wide and 3.5mm thick with flat ground bevel and given a satin finish.

the handle is light oak held in place with 3x 8mm pins and devcon 2ton epoxy and is treated with danish oil.
I will make a sheath to go with the knife from 3.5mm veg tanned shoulder hide left or right hand normal or dangler
I'm asking £70 inc postage and pp
Now £60

Rgds

Ian

warncliffstylecampknife001.jpg

warncliffstylecampknife004.jpg

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I am being dense, what's a PFD :confused:

No, you are not being dense at all, PFD = Personal Flotation Device, sometimes called Life Jackets or Life Vests, often referred to as Bouyancy Aids. Numerous names, sole purpose.

It is deemed wise to have a knife attached to the PFD which may be swiftly accessed in an emergency, in order to free oneself or others from ropes, rigging, fishing line or other binding, snagging, entrapping horrors which await the unwary on, in or around water!

A little Spyderco Caspian 2 FB22 Blunt Tip on a Mini Gear Keeper RT2 retainer, as opposed to something that Croc' Dundee or John Rambo would use.

No, you are not being dense at all, PFD = Personal Flotation Device, sometimes called Life Jackets or Life Vests, often referred to as Bouyancy Aids. Numerous names, sole purpose.

It is deemed wise to have a knife attached to the PFD which may be swiftly accessed in an emergency, in order to free oneself or others from ropes, rigging, fishing line or other binding, snagging, entrapping horrors which await the unwary on, in or around water!

A little Spyderco Caspian 2 FB22 Blunt Tip on a Mini Gear Keeper RT2 retainer, as opposed to something that Croc' Dundee or John Rambo would use.

i I use this for diving its excellent for rope fishing line and strapping (dive jkts)
http://www.oceanicuk.com/Pages/Knives/cutterwebbing.htm

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE