Anone fancy a wild camping/buscraft overnighter (scotland)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker al

Apr 4, 2013
Renfrewshire
Hi

we have a bank holiday coming up 24-27th may , does anyone fancy joining me for an overnight or two wild camp on the west coast of scotland ( exact venue still to be decided ).

i would like to practise making small animal traps ( NOT USING THEM ILLEGALY ) , shelter buliding and general living off the land ( taking minimal food or water with me ...

my bushcraft skills are quite limited and rather than just reading books and watching dvd's i would like to put in a bit of real time practice.

it would be good to have someone to join me and share some of their their knowledge with me.

anyone interested ????

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have to ask you to go and read the stuff about the legalities of hunting/shooting/fishing/ trapping.

'Mostly' it's illegal without specific permissions or using specific snares, etc., and the forum can not condone or encourage illegal activity.

Sorry to kind of rain on your weekend out, but it's best you know up front.

I still hope you have a good weekend out though :D

cheers,
Toddy

Link

http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/outdoors-responsibly/your-access-rights/

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/E...s/paw-scotland/types-of-crime/Trappingsnaring

Last edited:

Biker al

Apr 4, 2013
Renfrewshire
thanks toddy .. i have edited my post , i have read the links and am aware of the law ..

i do however have a few permissions ( airgun vermin control )

thanks again

Al

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Excellent :D that keeps everyone happy :cool:

The only down side I can think of is that the midgies are out tonight :sigh: On the plus side Xylaria's anti midge cream seems to be working :)

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE