Alternative to Swanndri

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Fingers just moments away from the buy button on a swanndri bush shirt and i wondered if any body knew of a good alternative?
Would prefer something similar, durable cotton for years of punishment, but not to many pockets etc
Any ideas gratefully received :)

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Can't believe nobodys bought out something similar, thought about paramo before, but they seem to get very tatty after a few seasons :eek: Oh and i hate navy blue which paramo prefer to use instead of black ;)

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I can't think of anything with the properties of Swanndri.

Its warm, rugged, water resistant and because its wool it still gives some insulation when wet.

Pendelton make nice wool shirts, but they're a lot lighter weight than Swannie

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Well, if taking advantage of the strong Pound vs the Dollar isn't a problem, have you looked at:
http://www.llbean.com/
do a search for "wool shirt" The company is top notch and have a very good returns policy and customer support.

or here:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/c...=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=wool+shirt&noImage=0

I got some 85% wool trousers from Bean which were very good value and are holding up well. over the years I have bought a ton of gear off boths these places. Worth looking at if you can't find what you want here.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Sickboy said:
Can't believe nobodys bought out something similar, thought about paramo before, but they seem to get very tatty after a few seasons :eek: Oh and i hate navy blue which paramo prefer to use instead of black ;)
I have to jump in and defend Paramo here! I have a team of 10 people all of whom wear Paramo jackets quite a lot. We have had them for over 4 years now and they are anything but tatty. Paramo have quite a wide range of colours and why would you want to buy black? Most boring colour in the world!
However, I do argree that someone else should produce a Swanndri alternative. :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Try typing "docker shirt" into ebay, many of us bought these woolen docker shirts on there about a year or so ago for £10 and they are very good...

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Thanks everyone :You_Rock_
C-Claycomb i think youve just struck the nail on the head there, i'm in luuurve :eek:
The maine guide zip shirt etc etc in the camo colour with a long cut would be ideal and if my poor grasp of math's is correct it's only about £70 :D Postage and some pocket money for mr brown on top of that i suppose :( but still a bargain. I'll have a look to see if i can track it down elsewhere aswell.
It's about as close to a swanni bush shirt as i've seen although it does have a windproof lining in it like one of the other swanni's, maybe the explorer?
Thanks all :)
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...langId=-1&categoryId=14957&sc1=Search&feat=sr

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE