Alan Wood Knifes available today for £225

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Just had this emailed to me from Woodlore

Woodlore Knife – Designed by Ray Mears and made by Alan Wood

We are pleased to announce that we have unexpectedly received a limited number of these knives priced at £225 (plus P & P) and they are available for delivery within the next 2 working days. Please order on line at http://www.raymears.com Please note that once this batch has been sold the item will be shown as out of stock. We will have a further supply available from October and you should register to the mailing list via the Home Page of the website to be kept informed of availability.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
When did you get the mail Sandbender? The site says they are out of stock again already. :eek:

Only to be expected.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Thank goodness they've sold out! My wife would have killed me - or worse!
Now - what can I buy with the £225 I've just saved??

Dave :D

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
When they are in such demand and people know you can make £100 profit on ebay. I'm suprised they lasted that long.

If you bought 3 and sold 2 on ebay you could keep the 3rd and it would have cost you £25. Oh well I only got the email at 2:30. :D

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
I'm wondering how they suddenly got an unexpected number of knives, when they've been out of stock for so long...

I checked the website as soon as I received the e-mail and they were already out of stock, guess I'll still be waiting until October....

whitebuffalo

Banned
Oct 28, 2004
Cornwall
Call me cynical but I'd say thats a good way of creating a demand. Hold them back sell a few, people always want what they cant have.

I'll stick to my Mora and keep the spare £200 in my wallet.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
One was bid up to over £300 last week on e-bay and it didn't even reach the reserve. Alan's knives are in such demand - especially the woodlore because of RM. Supply and Demand :cool:

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Hi gents,

Please Read my post on my Woodlore , I would think twice before buying one, my handle slabs started to part with the tang because the wood soaked up water like a sponge when I was sharpening it on a newly bought Japanese Water-stones set, I quit after seeing the handles swell up like crazy just being about finished with the 800 grid stone :(

This morning I could see the light shine between the handle metal and the wrapping handle slabs :(

I hope things will get solved but my confidence level in the Woodlore dropped seriosly.
This was a brand new "latest batch" (May 2005, waited for over 16 months for it!)
Woodlore.

Best Scouting wishes from a frustrated Woodlore owner,

Bagheera

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE