Adder in Camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Spotted this today-the video not the snake- while scuffing about on youtube
[video=youtube;-r03ostZUUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r03ostZUUk[/video]

I've seen a few adders (looks like an adder to me) over the years on the various military training areas I've had the dubious pleasure to frequent, mostly in Northumberland and Wales but usually emerging from beneath flat rocks or wrinkley tin that recruits/trainees have disturbed for whatever reason.

The lad didn't realise it had been there till it was pointed out by viewers!:rolleyes:

They're no bother, as long as you leave them be.

Just thought it might be of interest:)

Oh and the "fellwanderer" ( the lad who makes the videos) is a canny watch on his own by the way:D

cheers

Steve

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
You get a fair number in my woods. I had to move one for its own safety as it was basking in a spot where 90 young teenager girls where about to arrive for a weekends camping.

I wasnt worried about the youngsters just the snake getting trampled.

Even when hooked on a stick as gently as i could it didn't try to strike. It eventually slithered quietly away in the the safety of a nearby hedgerow.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
A male on the hunt for females. They get attracted to movement this time of year and can be much bolder and come around to investigate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE