A deadly threat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Just to alert everybody to the danger of dihydrogen monoxide. I could have been another victim recently but thankfully was wearing personal protective equipment.

There are a lot of risks with this stuff:

Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
Contributes to soil erosion.
Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.

More info at: http://www.dhmo.org/

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Similar danger from Sodium lauryl sulfate, a substance commonly found in shampoo and toothpaste, which poses a significant cancer risk to users of those products
:D

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Marts said:
Similar danger from Sodium lauryl sulfate, a substance commonly found in shampoo and toothpaste, which poses a significant cancer risk to users of those products
:D

One of my professors at Uni told us that everone would die of cancer eventually, it's just that the majority of people die of something else first.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Doc said:
Flipped the canoe, landing Gregorach and myself in the River Tay......

Och, the day wouldn't have been complete without it... ;) I'm just gald you steer a car better than you do a canoe. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE