A bloodsucker by any other name

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stevie

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2005
Kidderminster
We used to get a lot of horse flies when I lived in Switzerland but I haven't had the misfortune here in England. Mozzies I've seen all over the world but I haven't suffered much from their bites. Midges seem more of a nuisance but I have noticed they are attracted to smokers more than non-smokers. I have heard they are attracted to carbon dioxide / monoxide out put. Whether this is true or not I don't know but the other 'alf who does smoke is convinced its right :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's the middle of October, I've never smoked in my life and I still got badly bitten at Loch Achray last weekend :(
Not funny.

Toddy

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I have found the opposite, smokers in my experience get bothered less by midges. I have even been surrounded by non smokers in the past as I was midge free zone whilst smoking! :eek:

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Goose said:
I have found the opposite, smokers in my experience get bothered less by midges. I have even been surrounded by non smokers in the past as I was midge free zone whilst smoking! :eek:

I started smoking a pipe in my youth when trout fishing;worked a treat.

Use vitamin B complex now.

BTW,is it true that clegs use a saw like action to cut a lump out of your skin?
It certainly feels like it. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE