A 2 hour fishing jaunt this morning 02/06/12

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
So this morning I surfaced from my bed at 04:30, grabbed my light fishing set up and set out to a fishing lake I hadn't been to before.

Upon arrival I had the choice of two lakes, one being a specimen lake and the other being a match lake.

I decided to go for the match lake as my kit didn't meet the specimen fishing criteria.

So I first had a scout around the match lake as I was the only one there and this was how it looked.

bcde92b1-cb19-f11c.jpg

bcde92b1-cb2b-2e5a.jpg

I stalked the top feeding carp for about 10 mins before settling on a peg which had an island opposite and water reeds to the left.

Within 10 minutes of casting a line I was in to a small fish and this pattern continued for the whole session. I had a few missed bites and on my last cast I even had a line snap when hooked into a good fish.

Here's the haul;

bcde92b1-cbbd-d164.jpg

bcde92b1-cbed-7664.jpg

bcde92b1-cbfc-b8d6.jpg

bcde92b1-cc14-17b6.jpg

bcde92b1-cc25-9ed6.jpg

bcde92b1-cc32-8d9e.jpg

So all in all it was a good few hours fishing.

For those of you who are interested in tackle I used my red wolf 10 foot telescopic rod with 10lb line, size 16 barbless hook and waggler float. I fished using only maggots using them as cast and ground bait. I also took my telescopic landing net and bag seat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE