2 Days in the Cairngorms

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Im just back for a couple of days in the Cairngorms, Parked up a the Linn of Dee carpark,
and walked up to Bob Scotts Bothy it was about 7pm on the wednesday evening so just a bite to eat and a few beers,

Pic of outside Bothy,

cairngorms014.jpg

up early on Thursday got some water from the Dee and made a brew and some cous cous for brekkie, then off up to Derry Cairngorm.

Pic of me posing on top,

cairngorms008.jpg

and a scenic shot from up top,

cairngorms009.jpg

The weather was a bit of everything, hot sun,cold wind,sleet,rain.

back down early afternoon walked back to the car to get a bag of logs we'd forgot to get the night before, the diner a fire in the bothy,and beer, a pic outside, of the Dee

cairngorms015.jpg

and looking back towards the Linn of Dee

cairngorms023.jpg

up early this morning for the long trip home.

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Good trip you had there by the looks of it; thats a favoured stompin' ground of mine too. I used to work there at one time...sighs for the old days, but not for the old wage lol. How is Bob Scott's Bothy doin'? I haven't been up there this year yet. ;)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
DingusMagee, its doin fine really looked after, Woodsmoke the first night there was me and a mate, plus three uni lads and a guy called Neil and his mate(neil looks after the place) and then later on a lad and his girlfriend popped in to get dried out, last night me and me mate had it to our selves, Rich i can put up bigger pics i deliberatly downsized them on photo/b to make the post a bit smaller.
Its a great place enjoyed my rather short trip hope to get up again maybe late summer.
few big pics

inside bothy

cairngorms026.jpg

another view from top of Derry Cairngorm,

cairngorms010.jpg

some of the woodland near bothy
cairngorms022.jpg

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
Very nice. I'll need to take a trip up to bob Scot's as it looks lovely. Does it look as though it get's very busy?

Great pics.

I put my head round the door a couple of years ago, there was a couple there that said that the previous year a whole family took it over as a weekend cottage!

Jim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE