15 Tons of Jalepnos!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I thought it was iffy when it said on the can use within a month. I think they are in brine, will that do in the jar? As it happens herself brought home 3 big jars of Sarson's malt pickling vinegar today. While I was out I'd bought a big jar to pickle some eggs in. The bought ones don't have enough bite for me and seam greatly overpriced.

cheers!

Tom

If they're in brine (and it sounds like they probably are) they won't keep as well after opening, but they should still keep the month anyway.

If they are indeed in vinegar though, not only will they keep better, but you'll have the spicy vinegar to use as a condiment. It goes great on greens (collard greens, mustard greens, etc.)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cool, there's most of a jar of the Sarson's pickling malt left after doing the eggs. Thanks!

it's been many years since I last did pickled eggs, how long to leave them before they have absorbed the flavour?

Atb

Tom

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
LOL. I've only done pickled eggs once myself and that was years ago. Sorry, I can't help with that bit but somebody should be along who can.

That said, if you like them spicy you might drop a few of the peppers in with the eggs. Or was that what you were asking? How long for the eggs to pick up the pepper flavor? In that case, I'd leave them a few weeks at least.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE