£500 for a pair of trousers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
HAha now i can see those going down well at the local discotech," whoop whoop, o no ive spilt me mochawhopachino down my 500 pound sas trus, mummy can i have another pair, no no little tarquine they were the only pair in the store, youll have to where your tweeds from now on, Tarquin didnt like this so he decided to ruin mummys date with the new vicar,"

What am i babaling about, sorry but ive typed it noe so it would be a shame to delete it, it all just came tumbling out of my head, strange,

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Genuine WW2 Airborne smocks are fetching a couple of hundred quid now, if new they would fetch more. I can see a collector buying these no problem.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My first anorak was a WW2 airborne smock and I remember it cost me 17/6, about 80p (it was almost two weeks pocket money) but that was back around 1966.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Wow!You still got it?Sure beats my old snorkel parka with orange lining!

Ive recently read that British airborne troops had a denison sleeping bag type thing to keep warm while they were in the planes.
Reenactors used to cut them up to make a smock...these bags are now also very rare!

garbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 16, 2006
uk
old enough to be back in fassion though,
40 waist, 31 leg, short fat S.A.S man needed
(but the label says 30 ins waist)

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I have one of the jackets that go with these (i lengthened it, and pit in a short zip at the neck opening). Don't panic though- its a reproduction!

Makes a good bushcraft/shooting/climbing smock that's a little different!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
One of the reasons they are rare as into the 50s and after they were using them for adventure training, my old man had the set for canoeing and caving in Northern Irelandin the early 1960s. We flogged a load to the French who used them in Indochina were I think they called them "sausage skins", what ever that is in French.

I I remember right they were to be worn with up to 5 layers underneath, hence the 40" real waist on a supposed 30" waist garment. 5 layers may have been for the smock as I'm having trouble thinking of 5 layers on your legs..

Long socks and drawers, long johns, BD trousers, felt trousers, windproofs? Perhaps it was 5 layers in all?

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE