You won't believe what I found

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike Bowler

Dec 31, 2008
Cheshire UK
I went shopping at our local Sainsbury this morning came out of the shop at 9am ,walked across the disabled car park to my car looking down at the snow and ice with the trolley bouncing around .I looked down by the wheel of the trolley and saw what looked like a knife .
scratched around in the snow and picked up a flick knife and a butterfly knife,so I picked them up ,came home and thought about what I should do I rang 101 told the police .just in case they where used in a incident of some sort ,Police are coming around to collect them

I have say I did think of keeping them

Reactions: zornt and bopdude

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
You did the right thing. as you say, they may have been used in a crime, don't forget to big up the Bushcraft scene when they come around to collect them, you know, as a responsible bushcrafter etc, can't hurt our community what with the knife laws and all.

Reactions: Mike Bowler

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
It's good that the bloke recorded on Sainsbury's car park CCTV picking up two knives, and then getting into car registration ABD 123, can be confirmed as later handing them to Police....:roflmao: :roflmao:

Reactions: Janne and Toddy

Mike Bowler

Dec 31, 2008
Cheshire UK
It's good that the bloke recorded on Sainsbury's car park CCTV picking up two knives, and then getting into car registration ABD 123, can be confirmed as later handing them to Police....:roflmao: :roflmao:
maybe the police will look at cctv now to see how they got there as 2 local schools one close to Sainsbury kids was going to clash both schools sent letters out to let famileys know

Reactions: bopdude

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I find it difficult to imagine having the slightest desire to keep either a flick knife or a butterfly knife; what would you do with either of them? :confused:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I find it difficult to imagine having the slightest desire to keep either a flick knife or a butterfly knife; what would you do with either of them? :confused:

Well they are knives and from a very reputable brand so i dare say you could cut things and admire them as you would any other knife

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Good of you to do the ’right thing’.
I doubt the police will put to much effort in investigating, if no crime was commited with them.

I hope they do not give you any problems!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

I'd have handed them in. But there's a schoolboy part of me that delights in such things, just for playing with.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Knives are tools for a job like any other. Whilst quality is nice function is better. Since i have no need for the functionality that is important with flick and butterfly knives then i don't have any need to keep those illegal knives.

If you think otherwise then I actually question your suitability to own any knife sharper than a kid's round ended butter knife.

Well done for doing the right thing OP.

Mike Bowler

Dec 31, 2008
Cheshire UK
update
Police came round last night with a tablet computer took a statement that I had to sign and photos of them and took them away .glad to see them gone ,because I like knives and wanted to be on the right side of the law I make the odd one and buy them to .

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Finders keepers innit! ;)

I found a few .22lr slugs shot into the tar mac in a nearby Asda car park. I dug them out and kept them..

On reflection I guess I should have phoned the police. But meh, no reports of gun shots or anything and nothing in the local paper.

Regards to those knives you found, if it were me Id atleast had a few days playtime before giving them over.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Hope you wiped your fingerprints off them..........................................well with Police investigation targets you never know.....................or am I being too cynical.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE