Wool trousers anyone??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
and what about pockets ... anyoine know?

Answered own Q - TROUSERS HAVE :-

Metal Buttons, Belt Loops, Braces Buttons, 2 Front Flap Closing Pockets, 2 Flap Closing Leg Pockets, 2" Canvas Hems Have Cotton Bellow For Ease In Putting On and Leather Strap Adjusters.

From eBay where they're going for £40 inc post.

And .. apparently Seat Flap Closing Pocket - from here at £25. MilMart deal very attractive ...

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thanks for the heads up Cliff. The yorkshireman in me really objects to paying £5.95 postage. [Ouch]
But I ordered some anyway.....

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
And wonderfull pants they are, too!
Comfy, warm... At least i think they are.
Mind you though, men were a lot smaller/skinnier back then. The waste is up to your kidneys, so getting a roomy fit is necessary, especially if you are going to use braces, in which case your sweater and such go into the pants. I'd recommend using braces, because the pants have a tendency to slide down, because of this high waste. Makes you look like you pooped your pants and the low hanging crotch/bottom becomes uncomfortable when walking longer distances.

The ones shown might be M/39-58 pants. The original M/39's had leather straps around the ankles, which are non removable. Upside on the 39-58's are that the pants are closed all the way, so you can ware them over boots. Fabrics a bit different too. Not as thick.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I like the idea but not so much for over here in our climate, I couldn't cope with them being wet and weighing a ton. Nice for winter trips or expeds into the arctic though I bet.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for the heads up - I just ordered some for next winter :)
Shewie - keep them dry by wearing overtrousers in the rain.....

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
We had the M39 uniform during winter when I was in the army. Never froze despite it being a record -37 degrees celsius.
Very comfy if you have long johns under. An itch to scratch if you do not.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Anyone got an idea of leg length on these ?

Shewie, it takes a 'lot' to get them wet though, and they dry out pretty quick with any exercise from your own body heat.

I wore the last lot with gaiters for digging, but they were too short to wear without those or tucked into my boots.

cheers,
M

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
That is my dilema, would they fit the taller long legged person? might drop M M a email.
Check the sizing. Normal leg length is in the form of C48, C50, C52 etc. The long legged version has sizes that say C148, C150, C152 etc.
Extra skinny has a B instead of a C and the stockier version has a D but the D sizes show waist instead of the 48... so they'll be in the form of D100, D104 etc.

Hope this helps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE