Trip Report Windy Lavvu Camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
It's been about a month since I last managed to get out so I dusted off my lavvu and headed to the woods. I had recently bought a small folding wood stove and wanted to test it out so dug out my swedish army mess kit, bottle of port and other less important ingredients for a stew and the night was set.
The stove worked great but I did have to baton the wood much smaller than normal but the resulting scoff was awesome.
I managed a reasonable nights kip but I'm not really a ground dweller, a dodgy night in the woods it still better than a night with the background hum of the box.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I call your light source a kerosene lantern = very nice touch for heat and light.
I can almost smell your fire. Jeez but that spread makes me hungry.
Liked the heel click!
Did you carry in all your water or find a dribble of a creek?
Thanks

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I call your light source a kerosene lantern = very nice touch for heat and light.
I can almost smell your fire. Jeez but that spread makes me hungry.
Liked the heel click!
Did you carry in all your water or find a dribble of a creek?
Thanks
Water was carried in Robson, there is a little stream an route but surrounded by roads and farms so not too keen on it. Got a new filter turning up soon so will be making use of it

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE