Who ate the "Long Tail Tree "Chicken" Stew"?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Was in a pot on left of table, near the start, near the double doors.

I was chatting to a chap at the Moot who said he had some, and liked it. However, he had not twigged what the main ingredient actually was. He was most surprised to learn that it was squirrel.

Anyone not know what it was? Clearly other people did eat it.

Chris

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I wasn't there but it would not surprise me a bit if people didn't know what it was, only had it a couple of times but very nice it was, underrated meat imho :)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Folks, I asked a very specific question aimed at people who attended the Moot and posted it in the Moot sub forum. I have moved eleven good but tangential replies discussing the culinary qualities of squirrel over to a slightly different thread in Fair Game. Thanks but I really only want to hear from people who were at the Moot in this thread.

Cheers

boubindica

Forager
Mar 13, 2018
London
unfortunately, I missed the squirrel stew but have eaten squirrel before and it's a very tasty meat, a bit like rabbit but way more nutritious.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE