What is the best edc backpack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I am looking to buy a good quality edc backpack at affordable prices. Which brand everyday carry backpack you will recommend to buy? 5.11 or any other? The 5.11 price is high if I compare with normal brand. What do you think. I should stick with 5.11?
The Backpack should be light weight as much as possible and i will use that for everyday use not only occasional use.

Last edited:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
I've been rocking a Regatta 35L Landtrekka for a decade now and not being a car owner it truly is my every day carry.
Sprung mesh airflow back system, wide hip-belt and they still turn on ebay for about £25. Very comfy when loaded.
But what has worked for me may not for you. What's your every day / week routine like?
How much do you need to carry?

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
If weight is an issue then 5.11 stuff is not the answer.
That said, I did use a Rush 12 as an everyday pack.
5.11 bags are great, but I think a bit too over-engineered and a bit too 'partitioned'. For me, anyway.

I suppose it all depends on what you want the pack for and what 'everyday' purpose you are putting it to (i.e. commuting to the office, or building site, or everyday bushcraft use).
For my money, the Wisport Sparrow takes a lot of beating. I like how it looks, I like how it's made, I like the layout, and an inbetweeny weight-wise. You can get it in either a 20L or 30L version depending on your everyday needs. So that gets my vote.

WealdenWoodsman

Forager
Oct 10, 2017
place
I personally use the Swedish Army surplus 25l pack, cheap and as tough as nails. I've had one for years and use it everyday in my work as woodsman so it gets a lot of abuse. Military Mart have them at 9.99.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
5.11 seems good for Lots of little items but less good for bigger bulkier stuff........depends what you want to carry
As said they wont be lightweights either

Ed the Ted

Forager
Dec 13, 2013
Scotland
https://www.cuillinsacs.com/products/detail/cuillin-1

I bought quite an old one second hand, it's got a few holes from knives slipping out of sheaths in it (user error - patched up though), few years of forestry/tree surgery abuse, being half filled with wood chip and sap and left in puddles and snow and mud and all that, now use it every day lugging whatever i need to and from an office job. If you really seriously want a bag that will last a lifetime then something like this will easily outlive a modern style bag full of zips/single stitching/thin nylon dividers/netting and all that, all of which have a tendency to give up the ghost after a few years.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE