What courses would you like at the Moot ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Which Courses do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This thread and Poll is to get feedback on where you would like us to concentrate our Course energy :D Please limit your choices to 3 and only post if you would really be willing to do the Course, this is not a commitment but a real world idea of how many would be interested. If we waste time working on Courses that you aren't really interested in but you just like the sound of it's going to damage the whole thing.

if you are interested in just one thing, if you're interested in lots of things then prioritise up to 3 of them that you would pay for and go on.

Any questions, suggestions or enthusiasm feel free to post in this thread - There's a number of things that i left out due to limited poll spaces - Anything can be done.

You can see a comparable poll in the bushcraft UK Expedition forum

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Pretty much just the foraging ones, so thats the two foraging ones and the fungi one.

For me the Fungi one would be ahead of the rest as the consequences of getting it wrong are more likely and often more of a problem.

Makes no odds cos I'm skint anyway but those would be about the ones I'm interested in if I were in the market for a course if you get my drift.

The herbal medicine would be interesting as long as its fact based (with medical evidence) and doesn't involve homeopathy or any of that water with memory of what has once been in it nonsense.

1, Fungi
2, Skills - Foraging / Wild foods - Forest, stream and field
3, Skills - Foraging / Wild foods - Seashore / Sea
4, Herbal medicine maybe, as far as I can remember Toddy has the right idea of what I understand as proper medicine as well as the book that I still haven't been able to afford yet that describes the stuff to use.

M

Mikey 1

Sorry voted before I read the instructions.

Thanks for the idea Mike

sensi5446

Forager
Jun 15, 2009
Manchester
Sorry I picked more then 3 without reading the tread, doh!
I would like to do them all but here are my top three.

Foraging / Wild foods - Forest, stream and field
Carving and woodcraft
Knife making

Sensi

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Put mine down,thanks Tony!
I need a huge treck! An adventure! cover some miles,miles from anywhere
and make do with what I am carrying and the skills of those around me!
Something different,a touch epic!
Life is too short... AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Chris.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I'm afraid I picked several (four!) - part of the problem of being spoilt for choice! They're areas of interest and greater weakness in my bushcraft arsenal...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Absolutely, this years when very well and we'll be doing more next year, we jsut need to nail down the dates.

We're thinking of doing a couple (or few) different ones.

N

Neolithic

Ooh, I buggered up my voting sorry! Clicked too many and can't delete my vote, I'd go for:

Bushcraft Weekend (based on introduction type course)
Skills - Foraging / Wild foods - Forest, stream and field
Skills - Flintknapping

Would want to go for the whole Bushcraft week, but would depend on time and cash.

Dee

Apr 15, 2010
West Yorkshire
ahh crap - my 2nd ever post on here, voted for what i wanted to learn more about & then just read am suppossed to limit choices to 3, sorry :banghead:

would have prioritised

1.tracking
2.navigation & bushcraft
3.lightweight travel & bushcraft

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE