Waney Edge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
This afternoons project, waney edge tray (12x10 inch), wood used is well seasoned Hazel which i ripped down, bottom planks are old roofing batten, would have used Hazel, but didnt have as much as i thought, so batten it is for the time being, was going to use quartered Hazel in the corners, but couldnt get it to work right with my limited dexterity, so opted for squared posts instead - far easier ;-)

20171113_145211 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

20171113_145225 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

20171113_164701 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

Just waiting for the glue to dry so i can trim it up and get it sanded down, that's tomorrow's job.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice work Mark, very rustic looking :)

What plans have you got for all these boxes and trugs you're making?

The garden is choc a block with trugs and most of the trays will go in the greenhouse, some of the bigger trays we are using to store apples in at present

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Cool projects. Would be nice to see and hear a bit more about the construction and design. What works and what not to do. Handy think to be able to make a box/crate.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cool projects. Would be nice to see and hear a bit more about the construction and design. What works and what not to do. Handy think to be able to make a box/crate.

I can no doubt do that at some point :biggrin:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I will, but until my arm sorts itself out I have to be gentle. Not too many power tools or hammering I'm afraid

Know what you mean, I'm currently recovering from an autoimmune disease that left me paralysed, been 18 months so far, but I'm slowly getting there, little steps, hmmm that gives me an idea for something to make

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE