Volunteering Forestry Commission

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dannyk64

Apr 1, 2015
Nottingham
Hi, Just wanted to put some feelers out to see if anyone fancied a bit of volunteering in North Nottinghamshire?

I have been going for around a month now and have just started the shadow ranger scheme with the FC.

We meet on a Wednesday at 12:30pm and complete a range of practical conservation tasks. Felling, brashing, burning wood, heathland works, fencing so there's a good range of activities.

We usually finish up around 4pm and you even get jacket potatoes on a fire day!

Let me know if anyone fancies it and I'll give you the email address to contact.

The more the merrier and be great to meet some other local bushcrafters!

Sent from my BV6000S using Tapatalk

dannyk64

Apr 1, 2015
Nottingham
Hi, sorry for the late reply

I have looked at this recently, how much time are you required to dedicate to the scheme ? How you fining it?

1-3 days a week for 6 months but the more you put in the more you get out. I am really enjoying the scheme so far. You are working with people who are very experienced and skilled within their fields and they really do encourage your development. The Wednesday volunteering groups that are ran in North Nottinghamshire are a really good starting point if you're thinking about applying and go along way to supporting your application.

If you have any questions just drop me a message and id be more than happy to answer them if I can

Reactions: stevied and BJJJ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE