Varusteleka - the strange surplus shop from Finland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 29, 2016
Finland
Hello all!

First of all, I'd like your money, please. To make it easier for you to give it to me, I'll hand out a discount code as part of my first promotional post here. With the discount code BUSHCRAFTUK you get 10% off everything! The code is valid until 11th march 2016. You give it at the checkout page. Our international shipping rates are very reasonable - shipping to UK, for an example, is £6.13. We're kind of hoping to triple in size with international sales.

We're one of the bigger surplus shops - we made a 8,4 million euro turnover last year - and we're freakishly popular in Finland, since we haven't tidied our way of doing things despite our growth. The size brings it's good sides - we've had the money to put our logistics very neat, and our shipping is very fast - we usually dispatch packages the same day, if the order has been made before our shift ends.

We have our humour, but don't be put off by it - a side effect is that if we get something that's not very good, rather than still praise it to the heavens, we make fun of it. You don't see us telling many good words about Polish or Italian military items...

We heard there are some 200 army shops in the UK, so I'm not here to sell you guys CS95. Rather, we've got some interesting stuff that's not found anywhere else.

Enter our own knife production (which we can't advertise in Google or Facebook, because there are dangerous killer weapons):
28025a.jpg

Terävä Skrama - our own Very Big Knife.

Skrama is a big bush knife. We originally sold Finnish Hukari knives, but the makers never could make enough of them. Instead of copying Hukari, we decided to do something different and better. Skrama is what came out of it: a very, very sharp full tang carbon steel blade, good for chopping, but also for more delicate work. If you have to survive with one knife, this would be it.
We made a youtube video in which Stefan, the man who designed Skrama, shows how manly you can be with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxbNupxUygM

33532a.jpg

Terävä Jääkäripuukko - our take on the traditional Finnish puukko.

This was also kind of a result of us not getting as many sissipuukkos as we were able to sell. Not a direct copy, rather a different approach on what a modern military puukko should be. Full tang with molded rubber handle, traditional puukko blade and a high quality leather sheath. Traditional wood handled puukkos are very cool and we like (and sell) them too. Full tang and rubber handle is more practical - it won't slip as easily, and will practically never break or need servicing.

Both blades are really high quality, and they & their sheats are 100% made in Finland. Our price is low because they skip the usual commercialization progress - we design them with the factory and then sell them directly to the consumer.

We're in the works of making a hunters' version of the jääkäripuukko - teflon coated blade with shape more designed to work with animals - but for that and other new knife items we can't promise any delivery date, since the manufacturers are small and have enough trouble to make enough of our normal lineup.

Other good items: Finnish surplus!

http://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sa-m62-maastotakki-ylijaama/6171

This is surprisingly hard to get, but I bet we still have it more than other surplus shops :) The link above is a good example, legendary Finnish army M62 uniform goes for around £11. It's not fancy, but it's tough as hell, and at least it's different...

We're also near the Russian border, and have a steady supply of Russian items smuggled in. Literally smuggled, as the russians consider any camouflage item as secret military technology which can't cross the border. We have, for an example, a good stock of Gorkas, now with also Multicam - a source of a laugh or two: http://www.varusteleka.com/en/bestsearch/gorka?q=gorka

We have keen interest on bushcraft ourselves, and I'll come up with other interesting things when I get the inspiration on what to show you guys. For now, go shopping and use the discount, thanks :)

Our international site is http://www.varusteleka.com

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Thanks for the post I'll be sniffing my way around your wares. Very much like the look of the Skrama.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Good stuff with fast delivery.

I had a load of blankets from them last year , well happy .

Do like the Sissi tent in camo if you ever sell some of the canvas i will grab some .

keep up the goos work

Twodogs

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks for the post I'll be sniffing my way around your wares. Very much like the look of the Skrama.

The beasty can chop. 3 handle holding positions, and a finer blade near the handle. It's very good value, and well thought out.

I sold my favourite modified Martindale because it's no longer getting used.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I like the look of those wool cargos with reinforced knees etc. but would like to hear from anyone who has a pair. Would I be correct in stating the "medium" are a circa 36" waist?

K

Feb 29, 2016
Finland
The good point about our fish cock is that, like any proper fish cock, it does not contain any cock! It's unfortunately out of stock right now, but worry now - we've still got ham cock. That too comes without cock!
http://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/kalakalle-ham-cock-182-g-canned/33760

Särmä M15 wool pants in Medium and half would equal 36" waist. We give our measurements in centimeters and most of our Särmä line measurements actually line up with UK Army clothing sizes. Särmä M15 Medium 1/2 would be around the same size as 80-92-108 CS95 trousers.

Hopefully my posts show somehow in real time, so the next thing is still relevant when people see it:

I started doing Sunday special offers on the shop, as we're not making profit on the spring months, and I need to do something :)

If you need a really, really good hoodie, today would be a good day to get it:
Särmä merino hoodie is 20% off, normal price 129,99 €, now 103,99 € which means £80.30. This one is designed by yours truly, and it's an amazing piece of clothing - you can wear it all the time and stay warm & comfortable. The slim fit makes it perfect mid layer for very cold. This is what I wear if I go out in the woods - while walking and carrying a rucksack I only have this and an undershirt, when I get to camp I pull a jacket over it.
Grey: http://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-merinohuppari-tummanharmaa/35624
Black: http://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-merino-wool-hoodie-black/30651

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE