unlucky

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
You know I'm sure I went to the pub where your gran's nipple is preserved in a bottle of tequila on a shelf behind the bar. No man has yet been brave enough to drink it. Apparently though any man who drinks 6 shots will be gifted the knowledge of how to win any game of chess in 3 moves but will never be able to get the taste of vics vapour rub out of his mouth ever again.

I like that pommel detail by the way :cool:

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Think I'll just hit "Like" on your post and congratulate you again on a fine knife. :) The lightning strike in the steel is, striking, one of your finest forge and etch.

Sheath, I'm with KenThis. It has a some steampunk appeal, but it's aluminium pop rivets. Is there such a thing as brass or copper pop rivets? Hammered or peened, bashed leather?

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Think I'll just hit "Like" on your post and congratulate you again on a fine knife. :) The lightning strike in the steel is, striking, one of your finest forge and etch.

Sheath, I'm with KenThis. It has a some steampunk appeal, but it's aluminium pop rivets. Is there such a thing as brass or copper pop rivets? Hammered or peened, bashed leather?

Thanks :) Actually I had this blade laying around in the shop for quite a few months, not being able to figure out, what to do with it. I am happy that you like the result.
I had only aluminium around, and I have no idea if they make the stuff in copper or bronze. I know that there is an all steel version of it, but popping that is extremely hard, probably would squish the leather in a nasty way :( The stuff is only good if you rivet sheet metals together.
I had some experiments with pure copper tubes, if you are careful those could be used instead, but bronze is just not soft enough.
And finally real copper rivets, I haven't even seen, ever. Now if I had some nice initial material, pure copper, I could probably make rivets from it, and it would most probably work, but unfortunately I only have 2.5 mm thick copper wire, which is too thin for these kind of things :(

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks :) Actually I had this blade laying around in the shop for quite a few months, not being able to figure out, what to do with it. I am happy that you like the result.
I had only aluminium around, and I have no idea if they make the stuff in copper or bronze. I know that there is an all steel version of it, but popping that is extremely hard, probably would squish the leather in a nasty way :( The stuff is only good if you rivet sheet metals together.
I had some experiments with pure copper tubes, if you are careful those could be used instead, but bronze is just not soft enough.
And finally real copper rivets, I haven't even seen, ever. Now if I had some nice initial material, pure copper, I could probably make rivets from it, and it would most probably work, but unfortunately I only have 2.5 mm thick copper wire, which is too thin for these kind of things :(

If you want some copper ones, have a look on eBay uk and see if any suit. I can post them over for you.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That would be super. But I don't want to cause any more trouble to you. You already helped me enormously! :) Thanks you

No problem. Have a look, there are pop rivets, rivets for peening etc. Email me a link and I'll sort them out for you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE