Unissued British Enfield No.4 MK2 .303 1955

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
British Red, do you see what you have done, what you have started!

Some are even all wrapped up as if it was Christmas. :(

x2JM7VC.jpg

RLQZW8r.jpg

www.gunbroker.com

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
One of the last - and best - of the Lee Enfields. Made in 1955 in the Fazakerly factory (Merseyside). A lovely rifle - buy it!

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Now I'm not an avid shooter but have fired a few interesting weapons. I would love to fire a Lee Enfield though, it's just a beautiful weapon.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
My future SIL has a Russian Mosin-Nagant like that. Paid $85 for it last year. I'd love to be able to get an unissued Enfield!

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
I have heard a buzz that a dozen or so crates have been found in a store in Canada. I have no idea how many in total but people are buying two, one to store and one to use. Not my style, but nice to see on the range.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
An elegant weapon for a more civilized age. Lovely rifle and such a find. Great rifle and that bolt is fantastic to cycle.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
You'd better, I'd need to find someone over here that I'd trust enough to own it for me, the wife won't. :(

Post a video of the unwrapping. :)

It has been thirty years almost to the day since I last fired one.

I've emailed the seller whose watermark is on those pics. Sadly the rifle isnt mentioned on the website though.

Seriously, if he has that rifle for sale, I want it!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I have heard a buzz that a dozen or so crates have been found in a store in Canada. I have no idea how many in total but people are buying two, one to store and one to use. Not my style, but nice to see on the range.

If I couls afford it, I'd like two. One to store/collect and the other to sporterize!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Burn the witch!

LOL. That's why I want two. One definitely should be preserved as original; that's the first priority. On the other hand, if there are enough, it would be equally a shame not to transform one into something to be shot and enjoyed as a hunting tool.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
While on a trip to the US a few years ago I attended a gun show in Reno, NV.
A dealer had an unissued mint ex-Irish Army No.4 Mk2 with the distinctive pale beech stock and some cosmoline still on it for sale.
The owner said that the laws governing gun shows of this sort meant that he was selling the rifle as a private individual to another private individual so I could have it for $300 tax free, no name, no pack drill. I was sorely tempted.
Happy trails...torc.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE