Trangia pan stacking question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Can 2 inner trangia pans stack inside the set instead of the outer and inner that come as the original unit?

This may be a silly question and i only have one set of pans for my trangia so cannot test this out?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I do not understand your query 100%.

I have two different trangias, a model made for some unite in the Swedish Army called Jägar köket and a normal civilian model.

They pack from outside in: larger pan, smaller pan, upper wind shield, lower wind shield/stand for burner.
Coffee pot and the burner inside the the lower wind sheald. Low sided pan encloses.
You can ditch the coffee pot and place the burner insude the lower wind shield of course.

You can stack the smaller deep pan inside the upper windshield, but that will increase the height. I think you could put the smaller high sided pan inside the lower wind shield / burner stand, but then the hight increases a lot.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I have trangia 27 standard aluminium set.
I am thinking about ditching the existing original inner and outer pans.
I have found some inner titanium pans online and was thinking of buying 2 of them and using instead of the original pans.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Got you!

Yes, you can stack smaller pan - smaller pan - upper windshield - lower windshield.

But the innermost pan will stick up over the outermost pan.
The rim of the innermost pan will sit on top of the outermost pan.
Not inside. You will increase the height of the total ‘package’ by the height of the rim. And get a large air gap between the psns.
Space for something.

( I hope I make sense?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE