Traditional ski making

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Very enjoyable. Always good to see a craftsman at work. I wonder how often he resharpens the axe per set of completed skies?

K

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Excellent little film; it's a lesson when you watch these traditional craftsmen and realise how few basic tools were used for most things, the skill of the crafter being the important thing.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Excellent little film; it's a lesson when you watch these traditional craftsmen and realise how few basic tools were used for most things, the skill of the crafter being the important thing.
Also the knowledge of the available materials. I really liked the bindings, very simple and elegant.
You should check out some of the other videos on their playlist.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I really like the whole ethos of The Northmen, or The Guild, as they're also known; they do some great things to not only keep alive the crafts of the north, but to improve on them and keep them 100% relevant to their lives and those around them.

Were it not for those interminable hours of darkness I think I could have been very happy in the Far North.....................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE