thermarest neoair xtherm max

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I've got one, love it :)

It is thick enough to be really comfy and amazingly warm to lie on, but still packs down very small and light.

Only issue with mine is that the max size is too big to fit in my bivvi bag so I have to use it underneath the bag.

Otherwise couldn't be better really, unless it was cheaper of course !

Rickyd

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2016
Warwickshire
I've got one, love it :)

It is thick enough to be really comfy and amazingly warm to lie on, but still packs down very small and light.

Only issue with mine is that the max size is too big to fit in my bivvi bag so I have to use it underneath the bag.

Otherwise couldn't be better really, unless it was cheaper of course !

I originally was looking at the regular size. But being over 6ft I thought it may be a it on the smaller size and I’d be better off getting the larger version. Do you regret getting the larger or are you content with the purchase?

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
At the time I got the max size I was generally tent camping and the bigger the better was my thinking for that as I'm 6'2".

Later on I started using a bivvy bag and tarp on occasions and for that it would have been better if I'd got the regular size as that would probably fit inside the bivvy which is preferable, the regular being a bit shorter but also a bit narrower if I remember right. I can still use the max size with the bivvy, just means the bag goes on top and you can end up fidgeting off of the mat during the night !

So depends on your likely usage maybe ?

Elliott

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2004
Dorset
I Have the Max size and mine fits my bivvy bag lengthwise fine - it`s a hooped bivvy, but do find my face is closer to the roof as it is slightly deeper than my other pad. It`s very warm and I`ve not had an issue with the reputed noise, pack smaller than my Prolite pro that have had for 10+years and I can sleep on my sides and back with no issue. Just so expensive is only gripe!

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
I had mine for two years now. Best there is and after you try it there is no going back, nothing comes close. Compared to other options like self inflating mats and down mats: smallest pack size, lightest, warmest, biggest, firmest, thickest. And a big one for me, can be stored folded (actual manual says that) and doesn't seem to deteriorate with use.
I carry mine in a drybag with my sleeping bag and when setting up for the night I use the drybag to inflate the matt.
One of the best investments I have made.

Reactions: Paulm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE