Thermal mugs!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
Just a very brief review on a thermal mug I've been using.
Have had one of the webtex ammo pouch ones for a long while and thought is was ok, kept a coffee hottish-warm for maybe an hour or so.
But, just gone out to work (yuk) this morning with a new lifeventure mug of similar outward design to the webtex one....however it's in a completely different league, 2 hours in and a few slurps later the remainder of my coffee is still hot hot!!
Superb. Apparently has a copper coating in the inner walls that helps avoid heat loss, well it works.
Sorry to ramble on about a simple product but I can't believe the difference in performance across two apparently similar mugs, the lifeventure one only gets warm around the very top but the webtex one gets hot all over which is clearly where the performance is lost.
Got my missus a snazzy metallic purple one and myself the one below, clearance at Cotswold outdoors £10 each delivered.
Get one.

IMG_5794.jpg

Reactions: cbrdave and bopdude

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
That Lifeventure one is a vacuum flask, whereas I am I am guessing your other one uses some kind of foam material to insulate.

The vacuum has zero thermal conductivity, whereas insulating foam has a low conductivity (i.e. lower than plastic/metal/china of a standard cup).

There is a chance that the vacuum may rupture, at which point it will become useless at keeping your drink warm, you'll know it's happened as the whole cup will get warm, not just the top (and your drink will get colder, quicker!) whereas the other foam one will perform at the same forever.

I have one of those Lifeventure ones, about 10 years old, dented and beaten up but still works fine. Very pleased with it and would recommend also.

Reactions: ScottE

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
Ahhh, just looked up that webtex one and it appears to be the same design... forget everything I have just said! (except the bit about agreeing that the lifeventure is a good bit of kit).:O_O:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
On my third Lifeventure one. First was run over by a FLT the second was lost and the current one is still going strong after five years even though it's battered.

Next tine I see another I will get one or two for spares.
Brilliant mug.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE