The Kraken Attack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Something a little oddball that I think some of you will like today.

Kraken-Attack.jpg

I was thinking about an old game rack that I saw in an antiques stall a while back and thinking we could do with something like that for hanging ladles and spoons on the Steam Tent cooking rig.

Well, this is what popped into my head when I woke up this morning.

For some reason I've decided to call it the "Kraken Attack"... Can't think why...

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Should have used cross head screws, then it would look like the drunk Kraken attacks - much less threatening!

Seriously though, good job. Inventive use of old forks.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
It's an old oil lamp.

Doesn't work very well but it does look cool.

I just hung it there to show how the rack works and I was too lazy to unpack the box with the cooking equipment in it.

Ah cool - I see it now.... from a ship I guess :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Should have used cross head screws, then it would look like the drunk Kraken attacks - much less threatening!

Seriously though, good job. Inventive use of old forks.

It's the old re-enactor in me. Cross heads are a bit too new for my liking, I'm slowly banishing them from my life by only using slot heads from now on.

I've seen so many cross heads tear up but it's not very often a slotted screw, treated properly, gives out.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Were those aluminium forks?
I think you bent the tines very elegantly.

Am I allowed to steal your idea, I think I need to do a handtowel rack for Norway. Floatsam back board.
As you know, the feared Kraken lives in the world famous Moskenes Straumen, the big Maelstrom that is only 5 km south of my house in the Lofoten!

He ( or his wife more likely) took a fishing boat there last season, and almost took another two this season. Hungry kritters the kraken are!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That is inspired Gary. goodjob

I've got to head down the local charity shop for some suitable cutlery for my kit so I'll be looking out for some extra forks to do my own version :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE