The greatest off road vehicle ever!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
Hi guys,

I think I've just found the best offroader ever. Infact it's probably the best apocalypse vehicle!

It's a ZIL-132

ZIL-132.jpg

Anyone know of some others to best this one? :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Yeah - but what is the cost of Road Tax, insurance etc - never mind the MPG!
I couldn't afford to attend the apocalypse in ANY of these vehicles! :)

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
Hah! Some awesome vehicles appearing.
It looks like mine is a 33' turning circle and 5.9mpg in the 7 litre V8. I wonder if it'd also be as unreliable as the modern day monster trucks?

I remember reading about a Russian made truck which was run on firewood. Seems like it might be a better option after the apocalypse.

An Ostrich might be a good after apocalypse option. :D It'd run fast if you could sit on it and probably has a nasty bite. It'd lay massive eggs too!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Tundra Buggies are full time 4x4. Locking diffs and hubs. They can be made into road trains with purpose-built units for a whole gang of tourists.
Nobody gets too cranked up as there are no roads. Tundra. Every direction is "off-road!"
High enough that a 10' polar bear can't slap your face off.

Made in Churchill, Manitoba but for now, they stay in Churchill.
It will cost $60,000,000 to repair the flood damage to the only railroad line.
Not something you could fly out in a Cessna 185 on floats.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Yeah - but what is the cost of Road Tax, insurance etc - never mind the MPG!
I couldn't afford to attend the apocalypse in ANY of these vehicles! :)

Can just imagine you waiting outside of a post apocalyptic post office trying to pay your road tax :lmao:

I s'pose the real post apocalypse vehicle would be any random decent looking 4x4 oil burner you found laying around

Or a van just for reliability, economy, and carrying capacity
Esp for us in britain.....unless its a road stealing apocalypse!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
In fact a very good road handling. Low top speed, just above 40 kph if the volvo engine got fixed by the driver/mechanic.
It steered well too.
The only no no was a very sharp turn at speed from tarmac onto a mud road. Could throw a track.

Modern zombies can run that fast :lmao:

How do you like the forward control version? The one in your link doesnt have much carrying capacity in the tractor unit

If we are talking big ole military vehicles i'v got to give a shout out to the mighty scammell pioneer, tank transporter and heavy off road recovery vehicle

http://www.armyvehicles.dk/scammellpio.htm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE