1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We're live with the new forums, have a look around and get settled in.

There have been a couple of members that have had issues logging in, if your password doesn't work use the "Forgot your password" link in the community section. If an email doesn't arrive check your spam box.

Any other issues logging in please contact admin@bushcraftuk.com

We've created a new thread in the Suggestions, Bugs and Feedback forums for you to use to report any issues or give feedback. http://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/new-site-bugs-feedback-questions.147565/

There are a few things we still need to sort out but the forums should be fine so get stuck in.
    Dismiss Notice

Tbs knives

Discussion in 'Kit Chatter' started by dobson442, Dec 2, 2014.

1. dobson442

dobson442 Member

god or bad. What's your opinion

2. MikeE

MikeE Full Member

I have three: a folder, lock and Boar in curly birch and carbon steel and I am delighted with them.
    I also knows the guys at the store and if anything was wrong with them they would undoubtedly refund straight away.
    The new Lynx looks good as a smaller blade too.
    No connection just a happy long term customer!
    Mike

3. Man of Tanith

Mod

Potton, Bedfordshire or alternatively my own happy
    I have to confess I really really like the look of the lynx.
    ive got the boar folder and its my edc knife and i find excuses to use it based on that a fixed blade version on a full tang should be amazing....

can't justify buyin one at the moment but once I come into some spare cash its a different story

4. dobson442

dobson442 Member

Thanks for your input

5. Jjessup

Jjessup Full Member

I have a tbs folder in curly birch. It's great, since I bought it, 2 other people I know that have seen it have gone and bought one!

6. Kent Clark

Kent Clark Member

I was certainly impressed with the quality of all the TBS knives. My wife has a Boar fixed and I bought a blade and scales. I have yet to make up the knife, but don't anticipate any problems. My wife's knife is in gorgeous Turkish walnut and mine with have curly birch. Booth blades are carbon steel. The stainless version looks great too, but after a few years of mistakes in sharpening it wouldn't look quite so good.

7. ozzy1977

ozzy1977 Full Member

After seeing Jjessup, one I bought mine but in walnut

8. Kent Clark

Kent Clark Member

Good. Very good, in fact. If it had a famous brand name on it, you would have to pay a lot more. It it had Ray Mears name on it the SAME knife would be maybe 3 times the price.

I like the way you can buy their knives in lots of different permutations. As a sheath and all the extras and you have a staggering array of possibilities.

I like the Boar knife. Wonderful balance, just the right weight (at least for me), feels secure in the hand, strong sharp blade, etc. Hard to fault it really.

#8 Kent Clark, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  9. Tracker NTS-054

Tracker NTS-054 Forager

Thread revival: been working really hard and might blow half my pay this week on a lovely new TBS lynx... I'm thinking going for the micarta and carbon steel combination.. What are your opinions on that combination? ;)
    All the best,
    Lewis

10. Simon1

Simon1 Nomad

Ive really got to like the TBS range, i own two boars, fixed blade one in Turkish Walnut with 5mm ss blade and the other a special edition 4.5mm blade, and i also own two grizzly as well!!!!
    All great knives, and the staff in the shop are great and will guide you in your purchase all the way!!
    Thumbs up for TBS from me!!!

chimpy leon likes this.
  11. Snufkin

Snufkin Native

I really like the TBS range. I have quite a few, my faves being the wolverine flat grind and the boar edc folder. I also really like the fact that you can get a left handed sheath without an upcharge. The multi-mount system is great, and they are very reasonably priced.

12. Thorgrim

As others have said the staff in the shop are very helpful. If you are anywhere near North London I would recommend dropping by to look at the knives to see which ones suits you best.

13. dannyk64

dannyk64 Full Member

No experience with the lynx but I have a fixed blade carbon steel TBS boar and love it. It spent a month out with me being used daily in Scotland and didn't end up with a spot of rust on it. Didn't even sharpen it when I was out, the occasional strop was all it took. Its a beast of a knife that takes some serious punishment.

I'm also a big fan of the bushcraft store and their customer service...

Sent from my BV6000S using Tapatalk

14. Gabe

Gabe Forager

I picked up a Boar with Curly Birch scales in the Stainless (My camping is mainly on beaches so thought it might be better with the salt). I love it. I have big hands and the Boar fits great. The sheath is well made, stitched well and seems bomb proof. I've asked for the folder from Santa this year to reply my UK legal EDC.

15. Samon

Samon Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

I'm interested in the folding version, does anyone have a side by side of one next to any other common pocket knife?

16. Statts

Statts Member

I've got the TBS Boar with walnut handle. Had it for two years now and as Forest School leader I use it every day for battening, whittling etc and it's a great knife. I strop it after every day and it's still razor sharp. I've got big hands and the handle is long enough and comfortable too.