Such a hard life

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
5 trays of venison jerky in the dehydrator! Took me an hour to cut it into thin strips :emoji_sweet_potato:
20180328_114306.jpg

Reactions: Chomp

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Great idea, I've got venison in the freezer but I've already cubed it for stew. The next gift will be getting some set aside for dehydrating.

Looking good :)

A homemade biltong box will make a lovely job of venison. Cut down the grain in 1cm strips, washed in vinegar, coated in biltong spice of your choice of at least 40% salt. 3-5 days in the dryer and sliced into thin strips. Yum.

I used an old kitchen cabinet, 240v computer fan, and a 60W bulb. I've got some pics.

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

Reactions: Sundowner

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
I need to perfect my technique, I've got some nice steak 'things' that are as dry as a bone but with a lot of spit are really flavoursome, just not jerky.

Marinated in soy sauce, Worcester sauce, smoked paprika, Tabasco salt and pepper. Has a slight spicy bite to it

I generally use soya sauce, worcester, tabasco, dried chilli, dried garlic with a smidgin of extra virgin olive oil. I know 'fat is the enemy' but it seems to make a better marinade for pretty much everything. I've got brick hard bits of steak that are a couple of years old that haven't killed me..... yet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE