Started a new facebook group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Mods if this is not allowed please delete.

I have started a new FB group 'UK Handmade Gear' and could do with some members. It is aimed at people who have an interest in in making thier own kit.

Somewhere we can share ideas, supplier information, swap materials etc.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
As a non-FB person, I hope that the group would also pull people in here at BCUK as a spin-off, so that BCUK remains a bastion of home crafted items......That same info is also needed here :)

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I frequent a few FB groups. The downside is that the posts and photos just keep going past like prizes on the Generation Game conveyor belt. The bigger and more active the group, the faster the conveyor belt runs. Finding something that you saw yesterday is difficult: From last week? Impossible.
Then FB itself decides what you're allowed to see and what order you see them. Posts to "closed" groups are inexplicably shown to all and sundry.
That's before we get to the privacy issues...

Here there is some semblance of order. Old posts can be searched out and re-vivified. Things are in chronological order.
If someone doesn't like what I say, they can't look me up and start trolling me elsewhere. And if it gets too rough, then the mods come riding in like Wyatt Earp to tame the town again.
So please share in BCUK as well.

Z

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE