Day Out Shelter building with the kids

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Took the kids up to the site where I intend to make a semi permanent camp for me and the boys to enjoy. Not completley bushcraft as i have been using some breather paper off cuts from work to make it as waterproof as poss. The kids loved it and are starting to enjoy it more and more.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Brilliant as always, nice tuneage too :)

I've got a Gorillapod in the cupboard somewhere that doesn't get used, happy to send it over. Smaller one I think.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Brilliant as always, nice tuneage too :)

I've got a Gorillapod in the cupboard somewhere that doesn't get used, happy to send it over. Smaller one I think.
Cheers Nice. It was only a cheapo Chinese thing. The music is actually a mate it’s sickening how good he is.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'll just add, I put the vid up on the TV, and Lara was well impressed with you bringing up the boys as you do. :)

There are a couple just down the road who's kids are just like yours, I donate ex army pouches and things to them and they get off over the fields to play army men. They bust up kindling and sell it for their pocket money and wander about in flat caps delivering it. The Kindling Kids. :)

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I'll just add, I put the vid up on the TV, and Lara was well impressed with you bringing up the boys as you do. :)

There are a couple just down the road who's kids are just like yours, I donate ex army pouches and things to them and they get off over the fields to play army men. They bust up kindling and sell it for their pocket money and wander about in flat caps delivering it. The Kindling Kids. :)
You’re a gent mate.

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Cheers :)

When I'm back over onto the gently crumbling South Island, I'll give you a shout, a beer or a brew would be good. If you haven't got your hands full with them rascals.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Bring the kids! We got 60+cm fresh snow in the past 48 hrs. Trick is to build the shelter then let it get buried.
Neighbor kids were swan diving off the roof of the car into a snowbank.

I hope your shelter stays intact. As kids, we always felt to add onto any we found.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE