RUIKE LD43 multifunctional knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Hello,

I have used the RUIKE LD43 muntifunctional knife since one month, so thought I may review it properly, now.

120t75l.jpg

RUIKE KNIVES is a China based brand - part of the well-known FENIXLIGHT Company - providing outdoors knives in a variety of designs, including folders, fixed blades and multi-functional knives (or multitools, as you like). I tried a few China made multitools, in the past, bought for few bucks, and they were terrible, really. However, it is rather different, this case. Actually, the high quality of the RUIKE LD43 it's clear starting just from the package, which is simple and robust, but elegant. The package is for sure well designed and well made, you may present the RUIKE LD43 to everyone, being sure your gift will not looks cheap or poor.

2vud5xt.jpg

The RUIKE LD43 itself has a pocket clip, something not so usual in a multifunctional knife. The pocket clip is placed on the right side of the knife (blade tip-down when the knife is in the pocket) and only this position is allowed to the owner. The handles are made by G10, in yellow color (anyway, depending of the environmental light, the handles color may turn to green, see pics), with a fine texture on the surface that improve the grip.

Another peculiarity of the LD43 is the one-handed operated blade, which can be opened quickly by the thumb stud. Bad news for the left-handed peoples, the thumb stud is - for reason of space - just for righty peoples. The blade is 85mm long, and it's made of Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel.

2lid9uc.jpg

The RUIKE LD43 weights 204.4 grams, it is not a lightweight knife, for sure. The total lenght (open, of course) is 199 mm.

Two tools are specific for emergency/rescue tasks, the belt-cutter, which cut off ropes and belts as butter, and the glass-breaker, who works fine too

aev8mw.jpg

mli1c0.jpg

This knife has 14 different functions, here below you may see them in details:

01 - large blade

02 - belt cutter

03 - wood saw

04 - large screwdriver (6.5 mm)

05 - bottle opener

06 - wire stripper

07 - reamer (with sewing eye)

08 - drill

09 - facer

10 - Philips screwdriver

11 - glass breaker

12 - key ring

13 - tweezers

14 - wire bender

Carrying the RUIKE LD43 it's easy and safe. Due to the pocket clip and the key ring (carabiner, actually) you may carry the knife in your pocket or attached to a backpack/bag or a belt loop. Both the systems works fine.

o7twev.jpg

dvokxy.jpg

The RUIKE LD43 is for sure a top notch multi-functional knife. I really enjoied to use it for my daily activities during the last month. I honestly can't find any real downside to highlight. I may say however that sometimes I missed for a pair of scissors or a metal file, but you may find these tools in some other models of RUIKE multi-functional knives collection (i.e. the LD42 model or the M61 model). That said, I'm very glad I caught a new knives company like RUIKE, making high-end cutting tools. I may suggest the RUIKE LD43 as a great multi-functional knife for peoples engaged in emergency activities (firefighters, S&R, ecc.) and more generally who is looking for a high quality multitool.

1zx4g8o.jpg

If you want to read a detailed review with ton of pics about the RUIKE LD43, please go to the link below (hope to not to break any forum rules)

http://adoricchi.blogspot.it/2017/06/ruike-ld43-multifunctional-knifea-new.html

Cheers, AD

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I like the colour, styling and main blade profile. Oh, and the clever attachment detail for hanging safely from a pack etc.

All-in-all its cool and different. Deserves to do well.

What's the cost??

K

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Good to hear from you Alfredo, we live in troubled times with the forums getting in a muddle, I didn't realise you were on here and just read your review of the Beaver. I bought one, it's a superb knife at a great price, but I found I needed to use the spine with my thumb and it wasn't comfortable for me. Bogdan is a nice guy though eh? :)

I'm not too sure about the Ruike, I don't like the protruding screw heads or general look of the thing too much. I do like that hound of yours though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE