Robens Cheeokee vs Tentipi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Askel

Aug 23, 2014
Växjö, Sweden
I just found Robens Cherokee, a PolyCotton tipi, similar to Tentipi. I haven’t found much info online, and hardly any review of it.

They are a fraction of the price of a Tentipi, and though the venting seems to be a bit more tedious the price do appeal to me.

Does anyone know how they stand compared to the different Tentipi lines, in terms of quality of material and sewing?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I don't know the direct difference but I know that Robens are generally a good brand and if you look after it it will last many years, they use good fabrics and as you say, the price is good and I'm confident it will do the job.

Askel

Aug 23, 2014
Växjö, Sweden
I don't know the direct difference but I know that Robens are generally a good brand and if you look after it it will last many years, they use good fabrics and as you say, the price is good and I'm confident it will do the job.

Thanks for the reply.
After I posted my question, I read John559:s review of the Robens Klondike here https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/tents/p/Robens-Klondike/3031 , and got a bit worried about how the quality might be. But since most of my trips are solo, or with my 2-year old daughter I might just wait for the Tentipi Olivin BP to be released instead.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I have a tentipi that has been going strong for as long as Forestknights as been in existence. So well over 15 years in that time it’s been put up and taken down 1000 times. It would have been up for more than a year of use through all seasons. Coldest I think I have stayed in it is minus 20 or so.

770E12AA-D1FA-42F7-970B-5BDABFFFE4B6.jpeg

There are a fair number of small holes in the ripstop nylon from taking it down in the woods. It’s pictured here last month in Finland on the top of a hill on an island.

The only real issue I have had with the tent was in very very high winds. The top cap is held down with elasticated cords. In the high winds the elastic stretches exposing the opening to the elements. This might be due to the age of the tent. I can’t recall it being an issue when it was younger.

That said I’m not sure I would replace the tent with another tentipi as I think they have become stupidly expensive. There is a limit to what I’m prepared to spend on a tent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE