Ridgeline Ranger trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
I have a couple of ridgeline items and by and large they are ok. However, for me i always try on before i buy some of the range aren't cut in the right way for me. Ive not returned online with them but i always find them very helpful when i go down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've had, and sold a Monsoon Elite, more than I needed really. I use the new Pintail all the time and really like it. I like their build and materials.

We have a Lidls, I'll have a look in there, but I'm really after something like the Fjallraven Barents, but not at £120. My story with Fjallraven isn't good. I bought an Anorak 8 on here, got rained on and the leather toggles leached brown dye into the jacket. It looked like I'd spilt black coffee all over it. I put in a warranty claim, efficiently dealt with by the UK suppliers and was sent a new one. Leather toggle on the new one were undyed. Result!

Well, so I thought, until I tried to cinch the hood and one of the strings just pulled out because it hadn't been sewn into the seam. Unbelievable on a £360 smock. A company that relies on its reputation I suppose, while ignoring quality control. I remember John Fenna asking to review a bag of theirs, they refused, saying it wasn't for real outdoor use.

I've watched a lot of vids on these trousers now and pushed the button, I'll let you know how they are, sizing and fit etc.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi @Nice65. Have you received these yet, what are your thoughts? Thanks

As per usual with The Bushcraft Store, they arrived the very next morning, great service as always from them.

I bought mine in large 33" waist. The fit is perfect for me, equivalent to my usual 32x32" 5.11 Taclites. They feature an elasticated waist too which is great for reaching forward from a seat, or allowing another beer and couple of sausages. :)

Ive been a bit busy, so have only tried them on indoors for an evening. The panels give loads of articulation and they're supremely comfortable. Fabric is light, like the Taclites. Nice feature is the posh cinch buckle at the hems and the extra loops to thread the excess tape through so it doesn't catch. And as these are the first trousers I've had with the panels, it's a revelation not having to hitch my trouser up to kneel down. IMO worth the sale price, but I wouldn't pay full.

Madam took one look at them and said "If you think I'm going camping with you wearing those, you can forget it". So, added bonus there too. :lmao:

pixelseventy2

May 11, 2015
Stoke-on-Trent
Thanks. What particularly appeals to me is the waterproof knees, but not sure if they're worth it to me. Even at that price it's still rather steep, though I'm sure they're good quality. I normally use Craghopper kiwis, bought whenever they're on sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I blame you all, it's all your fault and not at all to do with my level of self control.... pair ordered!

Wandered back to this one. How do find them Lithril? I'm still liking mine, dry knees and bum is very nice during our 'summer' months. :cool:

They haven't been worn hard so far, but I do like the stretch and room in them. Sitting or kneeling on wet grass banging in pegs or round a fire leaves the nethers and knees dry. And I reckon they're better for sleeping in than the 5:11 Tacs.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE